Saturday, April 12, 2008

Lexi Alexander Gives Quick Punisher Update

punisher2
If you can believe it, the next Punisher film may be better than the previous one, and it's directed by a girl.

Ok... a woman. Ok, ok... a hot-looking woman.

On her personal blog, director Lexi Alexander gave a brief update on the status of Punisher: Warzone (aka Punisher 2 although it's the third Punisher movie). Among her comments was this one in reply to Ray asking how much the studio wanted to cut the movie:

"Well, thank God it went well and, although I'll probably have to compromise on a few minor notes, it’s not nearly as bad as some of my filmmaker friends predicted it would be. I guess I got away with an actual okay studio experience (knocking on wood since it’s not quite over yet)."

The release date has also been pushed back to December 5th from it's previous September 12th date. Lexi was told this was a good thing, since for some reason violent movies do well in December. Go figure.

For more details including some colorful metaphors, head on over to her blog below.

I don't know why, but I've good a good gut feeling about this one...

Source: LexiAlexander.com

No comments: