Thursday, November 15, 2007

Come on, you scuzzy data, be in there!

The quest to build the ultimate list of Most Quotable Lines from 80s Movies continues -- with much rejoicing. This has got to be the most enjoyable list to put together. Lots of the old standards coming back to life.

But where are all the sci-fi movie lines? Surely you haven't forgotten the magnetism of Blade Runner or the charisma of James T. Kirk.

Here are some 80s sci-fi lines to consider for our list:

  • "Judge me by my size, do you?" (The Empire Strikes Back)"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?" (Blade Runner)
  • "Scotty, I need warp speed in three minutes or we're all dead." (Star Trek 2)
  • "Game over, man, game over!" (Aliens)
  • "Terrific. I'm about to get killed a million miles from nowhere with a gung-ho iguana who tells me to relax." (The Last Starfighter)
  • "Come on, you scuzzy data, be in there." (Tron)
  • "Bloodshed is my life." (Explorers)
  • "Khhaaaaan!" (Star Trek 2)
  • "Why, you stuck up, half-witted, scruffy-looking nerf-herder." (The Empire Strikes Back)
  • "Time to die!" (Blade Runner)
  • "Now witness the firepower of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL battle station!" (Return of the Jedi)
  • "Greetings, Program!" (Tron)
  • "Call me Snake." (Escape from New York)
  • "Flash, Flash, I love you, but we only have fourteen hours to save the Earth!" (Flash Gordon)
  • "The sleeper has awakened!" (Dune)

No comments: